Saree Not Sorry: 9 Saree Goals For Your 6 Yards Of Magic
Can you pull it off?
Wrapping the six yard saree was every girl's hobby during her childhood days; Tanaya Das on the other hand has valued her childhood obsession and started a saree movement in Australia - Pleats and Pallu to celebrate the identity of South Asian women every where.
We've all stalked fashion-bloggers and celebrity stylists to get some inspiration on draping the traditional six yard in an unconventional way but what Tanaya Das does is beyond words and only a true saree lover can pull off. She teams up her saree with sneakers, t-shirts and probably everything that there is in her wardrobe. It is refreshing to look at her avant-garde way of draping the six yards.
Pleats and Pallu (blog - https://pleatsnpallu.wordpress.com/) is her quest to find out what the six yards of fabric means to Indians and the narrative is focused on celebrating all kinds of body types and being comfortable in one's own skin.
1. A blouse? A shirt? Why not everything?https://pleatsnpallu.wordpress.com/
2. Because, well, winter is coming.https://www.instagram.com/pleatsnpallu/
3. Leather jackets? Turtle necks? Boots? DO IT ALL.https://www.instagram.com/pleatsnpallu/
4. Or wear a saree like it isn't even one, because who's the boss of you?https://pleatsnpallu.wordpress.com/
5. No, who?https://pleatsnpallu.wordpress.com/
6. There's one for everyone, Avril Lavigne fans?https://pleatsnpallu.wordpress.com/
7. Or something basic, with not so basic shoes.https://pleatsnpallu.wordpress.com/
8. Polka Dots and happiness!https://pleatsnpallu.wordpress.com/
9. Too many prints? WHAT? WHAT'S THAT?https://pleatsnpallu.wordpress.com/
Go rock your saree now!